Sri Lanka Army (SLA) fired artillery shells claimed the lives of four civilians in Puthukkudiyiruppu and Visuvamadu on Saturday, according to medical sources. Four children were among the wounded.
The names of the slain civilians were not available at the time of the reporting.
The wounded were identified as:
- Arul Sritharan Saranya, 6, female,
- Sriranjan Sinthuja, 8, female,
- Sriranjan Mithusan, 10, male,
- Vimalanathan Ranjitha, 15, female,
- Arul Sritharan Sasikala, 24, female,
- Anthirose Inat Roshany, 25, female,
- Punniyasingam Karnakaran, 25, male,
- Karthigesu Kavithasan, 30, male,
- Gnanaeswaran Gnanaseelan, 37, male,
- Maheswari Revathy, 38, female,
- Velusamy Nathan, 49, male